Addiction is a chronic relapse condition which affect many families worldwide. The program that Dr. McGovern has developed at the Priority Medical Clinic is evidence bases and brings together the skills of specialists in addiction counselling, cognitive behavioural therapy, family therapy and relaxation therapy. This multidisciplinary collaborative approach provides patients with the best possible care in dealing with their addiction.
Drug addiction is recognised by the World Health Organisation as a chronic relapsing condition for which there is no known cure. It should be viewed no differently than other chronic medical illnesses. The ethos of Priority Medical Clinic is one of Harm reduction, “a term which defines policies, programmes, services and actions that work to reduce the health, social and economic harms to individuals, communities and society that are associated with the use of drugs”(Newcombe 1992).
- An advanced,comprehensive and collaborative addiction recovery programme
- Emphatic and patient centered approach
- Evidence based interventions
- Provides a comfortable, safe and positive environment
- Emphasis on improving mental, emotional and physical health.
- Free initial consultation with Dr. McGovern
- Programmes are designed towards an individuals addiction.
Our treatment approach is pragmatic, evidence based, non-judgemental and individually tailored to the patient. There is a particular emphasis on improving mental , emotional and physical health and the use of cognitive behavioural therapy, individual counselling and relaxation techniques. The focus is on the individual rather than the drug and the programme is delivered in a way that reduces the stigma associated with addiction.